Hillcrest Golf & Country Club
Yankton, South Dakota
Offering $21,000 Guaranteed 1st Place PRO Prize Money
Offering $73,455 Total Guaranteed PRO Prize Money
Offering $24,850 Amateur Merchandise Prizes
Additional Prizes and Money for Special Events
Tournament Highlights & Player Amenities
72 Hole Stroke Play (Cut after 54 Holes) for all Professionals and Open Division Amateurs
(Cut low 25 for all pros; 30 low gross and 30 low net for open division amateurs)
Senior Division – 54 Holes (gross and net, for players 62 and over who declare; gold tees)
54 Hole Pro-Am Team (1 pro & 3 amateurs, 3 net best balls of 4) for All Players
Flights for All Amateurs
with the entry fee for all players:
unlimited ranges balls for the week; practice round on Wednesday, July, 31; Saturday night prime rib dinner.
Additional for the pros: one free practice round anytime before the week of the event and one free practice round on Monday, July 29; free lunch for qualifiers on Tuesday, July 30; free BBQ on Wednesday, July, 31. Limited complimentary housing available to professionals.
ALSO FEATURING: 13th Annual Ladies Pro-Am
Tuesday, July 30. 2 p.m. Shotgun Start; 18 Holes
$1,000 1st Place Pro; $3,650 Total Pro Prize Money; Free Dinner
Limited Entries – This Pro-Am is open to all professionals until filled.
Welcome to our 40th Annual Hillcrest Invitational Pro-Am Golf Tournament. The total purse, including professionals, amateurs, special events and the Ladies Pro-am exceeds $105,000! This four-day tournament features 72 holes of stroke play for the professionals and open division amateurs, 54 holes of stroke play for seniors who declare, and 54 holes of team-play for all players. Amateurs will be pre-flighted by handicap index. 52 teams, ten-minute tee times.
Mark you calendar and send in your entry today!!!
Your 2013 Pro-Am Committee
Denny Fokken, Bob Haar, Lisa Berry, Jeff Wolfgram, Kevin O’Brien, Tony Erickson, and Sean Riley, Host Pro
· All golf professionals must pay the Annual Dakotas Tour Fee of $200 before entry is accepted. You may pay with credit card at dakotastour.com. The fee is $50 if you are playing only one tour event.
· Tournament entry fee is $900. Qualifier entry fee is $75. After July 15 the qualifier fee is $100.
· Pro Qualifying: Limited to 72 players. 7:30 am Shotgun start on Tuesday, July 30. Players who qualify are paid into the Pro-Am. Players who do not qualify will receive a refund of $900.
· Exempt pro entries must be postmarked or entered online or by phone by July 15 to lock in their exemption. Those entering after July 15 will be required to qualify and must pay $1,000.
· Ladies Pro-Am and Special Events: All qualifying professionals are eligible to play in these events. All players wanting to play in these events should include the event fee with their tournament entry. The Wednesday and Saturday evening special events are limited to 20 players each.
· Any hole-in-one, pro or amateur, during tournament rounds will receive $100.
· Ties for 25th in the 72 hole event will receive the greater of 25th place money divided by the number of players who tie, or $250.
· Pros who play on Sunday in the special two-day, two-man event but who do not make the 54 hole cut will receive $100.
· Some significant changes have been made to the tournament. Most significant is the change to ten-minute tee times instead of eight minutes. This is intended to speed up play and limit holes backing up on the course. This has resulted in a reduction in the field, from 180 amateurs to 156. For this reason we urge you to get your entry in early.
· Players who played in the 2012 tournament and have their paid entry in by June 1 will be automatically confirmed into the tournament. After June 1, entries will be confirmed in the order in which their entry is accepted.
· Amateur entry fee is $275. The fee includes all range balls for the week, a practice round on Wednesday, 54 holes of stroke play tournament golf, a prime rib dinner on Saturday night, and if you are eligible for and make the cut, another 18 holes on Sunday.
· We need your GHIN number and we will verify your index during the first part of July. For team and individual net purposes, all amateurs play at 90% of their established handicap. A maximum adjusted handicap of 27 will be allowed.
· Players will be pre-flighted based on handicap index and there will be nine flight winners.
· The low 30 gross and net players, plus ties, will play on Sunday for overall gross and net champions. Additional prizes are awarded for Sunday’s play only, separate from the flight prizes.
· The team portion of the tournament is based on the net scores of one pro and three amateurs per team. Amateurs are categorized into A, B, or C players by index, and one of each is included on each team. The pro changes teams each day.
· Amateurs may indicate a preference for playing shift and the Committee will accommodate as much as possible. The shifts are Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, and Saturday morning, or Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, and Saturday afternoon. The Committee will do all of the pairings.
· The Senior division and the Team event both conclude after 54 holes of play. Seniors are not eligible for Sunday play.
· Section 3-5 of the USGA Handicap System requires a handicap adjustment for the Team event. Please refer to the Notice to All Players for detailed information.
HILLCREST INVITATIONAL LADIES PRO-AM
JULY 30, 2013
This is an 18 hole event featuring one professional golfer and three lady amateur golfers per team. It will be played on Tuesday, July 30 2013, with a 2 pm shotgun start, or upon completion of the pro qualifier, which is held the morning of, if not finished by 2pm.
The team event will be scored based on the two best balls of the foursome. The pro’s score will be gross and the amateurs’ scores will be net. Amateurs must have USGA handicaps to compete. All amateurs play at 80% of their established handicap. The Tournament Committee will pair the teams.
Pros will also compete for individual prizes and amateurs will compete for gross and net prizes, as shown below.
Pro entry fee is $100. Amateur entry fee is $60. Entry fees do not include cart rental.
Amateurs will receive merchandise prize certificates; professionals will be paid cash. A minimum of 18 professionals and 54 amateurs must compete or the prize amounts will be adjusted.
TEAM PRIZES PRO AMATEUR
First Place $200 $150
Second Place $150 $100
Third Place $100 $ 75
INDIVIDUAL GROSS NET
PRIZES PRO AM AM
First Place $1,000 $75 $75
Second Place $ 750 $50 $50
Third Place $ 500 $35 $35
Fourth Place $ 400
Fifth Place $ 300
Sixth Place $ 250
This event is open to all professionals, and will be filled based on the order in which their entry is received.
Amateurs who played in the 2012 Ladies Pro-Am have first preference into the 2013 tournament if their paid entry is received by June 30. All other amateurs will be confirmed into the event on or after July 1 based on the order in which their entry is received.
In the event of
inclement weather, the event will be cancelled and all entry fees will be